Anantara Kihavah Villas Maldives Resort
- 79 beach and over water pool villas
- 6 dining and entertainment options
- Award-winning underwater restaurant and wine cellar
- Fitness centre, tennis court, volleyball, badminton, chess, billiards, resort bicycles and swimming pool
- Resident Medical Doctor
- Elements water sports, dive centre and coral adoption
- Children’s club and children’s activities
- Spice Spoons - Anantara cooking school
- Over water Anantara Spa
- Yoga and meditation classes
Enjoying a prime location in the Maldives' Baa Atoll island archipelago and on the doorstep of Hanifaru Bay, Anantara Kihavah Villas is the perfect place from which to explore the underwater world of the Indian Ocean. Set on Kihavah Huravalhi, one of the most pristine Maldivian islands, the resort is 30-minute seaplane flight from Male International Airport, an unforgettable experience in itself as the plane flies over a string of glowing coral islands amidst turquoise waters.
79 spacious private pool villas, ranging from 260 to 2,730 square meters, are either poised over the water with sweeping ocean views or nestled along a pristine stretch of private beach. Snorkel some of the world’s most treasured reefs within a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, explore uninhabited islands encircled by abundant reefs home to turtles, eels and beautiful coral formations, or cruise in solitude into a tapestry of unimaginable colours to a glorious Maldivian sunset.
At Anantara Kihavah Villas guests are treated to a host of dining options across various world cuisines. Our quartet of restaurants Sea. Fire. Salt. Sky offers a one-of-a-kind over and underwater dining experience. From a mythical escape into the depths of the ocean to reaching for the sky at the rooftop bar, the Indian Ocean unfolds before your eyes in four different ways.
Anantara Kihavah Villas key features:
The Baa Atoll is an administrative division of the Maldives that consists of three separate natural atolls, namely the southern Maalhosmadulu Atoll (which is 42 kilometres long and 32 kilometres wide and consists of nine inhabited islands), the Fasduthere Atoll and the smaller Goifulhafehendhu Atoll.
Situated on the west of the Maldives' atoll chain, Baa Atoll is made up of 75 tropical islands, of which 13 are inhabited only, with a population of over 11,000 people. The resort is located 35 minute flight by sea plane from Male, the capital of the Maldives.
Anantara Kihavah Villas is located in Baa atoll, 125 km north of Malé reached by a 35 minute scenic seaplane journey taking you to the doorstep of Hanifaru Bay, a UNESCO marine biosphere reserve
On your very own stretch of stunning white beach or poised over turquoise water, all of Anantara Kihavah’s luxury villas boast a private pool, indulgent touches of island beauty and complimentary WiFi, to offer you breathtaking accommodation at our luxury Maldives hotel.
Two-Bedroom Beach Pool Residence
Walk barefoot over cool marble floors out to the palm shaded swinging daybed by the side of your private infinity pool. As one of the best Maldives five star resorts at Ananta ... read more
Three Bedroom Presidential Beach Residence
This one of a kind palatial sanctuary takes the ultimate island lifestyle to a whole new level. Edging 76 metres of powdery sands, 2,736 square metres of decadent space is ima ... read more
Four Bedroom Beach Pool Residence
Four bedrooms unfold across a landscaped garden to feature inviting outdoor and indoor living spaces. A Three Bedroom Beach Pool Residence connects through an adjoining Beach ... read more
Sunset Over-water Pool Villa
A fabulous choice for those seeking the best view while staying at this award-winning Leading Beach Resort in the Maldives. Offering all the luxuries of a Beach Pool Villa yet ... read more
Two-Bedroom Over-Water Pool Residence
A true Maldivian oasis. Decorated in tranquil blues and greens with polished timber interiors, these Two Bedroom Over Water Pool Residences boast outdoor daybeds, an expansive ... read more
- Beach Sports
- Cooking Class
- Kihavah Kids Club
- Library and Business Centre
- Meeting Facilities
The setting is tranquil, but recreation and fun are always close by. Every day, Anantara features a range of organised and do-it-yourself activities in the gorgeous surrounds of our resort.
- Big Game Fishing
- Dive Centre and Marine Lab
- Orientation Dives
- PADI Diving Courses
Our limitless horizon of water inspires most guests to get their feet wet. Anantara Kihavah offers a range of activities to get you on, in and under the water, whether sailing a boat, casting a fishing line or exploring a long-lost shipwreck or brilliant reefs 30 metres below the sea.
- Children’s Club
- Children’s Menu
- Family Cinema Under the Stars
Welcome to Anantara Kihavah Villas, where the fun and games never stop! Our island has lots of pathways and space with activities laid on for your little ones, plus a recreation area for teenagers and the whole family with billiards, badminton, volleyball, tennis, life-sized chess, jenga and games for all ages.
- Private Yacht
- Underwater Diving
- Underwater Wine Cellar & Restaurant
Write the first blissful chapter of your life together inspired by poetic enchantment, with ceremonies held on an exotic beach scene, as you cruise into blissful serenity, or perhaps you’d prefer to immerse yourselves in a kaleidoscope of Indian Ocean beauty. Toast your love, whether new or decades old, with glasses of champagne that reflect hints of a fairytale sunset. Dine on a starlit beach, deserted island or in intimate ocean seclusion, as we bring freshly caught seafood and discerning world flavours to conclude the rapturous celebrations.
Contact us to start planning your special occasion to the setting of your choice.
- Breakfast: Sundays only, reservations necessary
- Lunch: 12:00 noon - 2:00 pm
- Dinner: 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Location: Sea.Fire.Salt.Sky. complex, underwater
Experience the world's first underwater wine cellar and one of only a few underwater restaurants. Prepare to be amazed as a brilliant array of sea life swim, dart and dance before your eyes. The international gourmet menu accompanied with a choice of wines spanning nine decades is truly world class and paired by our resident Wine Guru.
- Tajima Wagyu Beef: 550 day grain fed Wagyu from the Hyogo Prefecture of Japan – one of the four top varieties of Wagyu and the one most compared to Kobe beef
- Certified Angus Beef Tenderloin: Certified Angus Beef Tenderloin (CAB) – US Prime beef tenderloin seared on a Teppanyaki grill
- Jumbo prawns: Teppanyaki grilled prawns – 2 pieces – approximately 500 grams in weight – superior taste and texture served with signature garlic fried rice and vegetables.
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dinner: 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Location: Sea.Fire.Salt.Sky. complex
The atmosphere is communal and theatrical in our Teppanyaki lounge with a dome ceiling reaching for the sky and a chef that invites the guests to flip an egg and catch it mid-air - a sure fire hit with the children.
- Black Pepper Beef: Tenderloin of Australian beef served with green peas rice
- Tom Yam Goong: Prawns, mushrooms, galangal, sprinkled with fresh chopped cilantro
- Ultimate Spring Roll: Lobster, prawns and shiitake spring roll with mango and chili sauce
- Dinner: 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Location: Sea.Fire.Salt.Sky. complex
Asian inspired, red snapper or tender lamb cooked to perfection on a Himalayan salt block, offering unique depth and complexity of flavours. The open air kitchen sizzles with activity while you sit back and enjoy the warm sea breeze beneath an open-thatched roof. Our resident Salt Sommelier will pair your dish with the perfect seasoning and open your eyes to the fascinating and surprisingly nuanced world of salt.
- Opening time: 11:00 am - 12:00 midnight
- Location: Sea.Fire.Salt.Sky. complex
Light bites, tropical concoctions, cool beers and wines in the afternoon. As the evening unfolds, relax at our mellow rooftop bar with a selection of shisha flavours, cocktails and liqueurs, including our very own Kihavah Island Tea blending Indian Ocean white rum and Arak with lychee, peach and squeezed lemon lightened with a dash of Earl Grey Tea.
- Breakfast: 7:00 am – 11:00 am
- Dinner: 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Tuesdays and Fridays)
- Location: Beach
Start the day with a refreshing breakfast that promises something for every taste. From light yoghurts and fresh fruits to Champagne, soft cheese and eggs made just the way you like them. Relax and enjoy the ocean breeze while we serve your first coffee and fruit juice of the day. Return for a candlelit dinner, savouring a tantalizing buffet selection of Maldivian seafood and bold flavours.
- Certified Angus Rib Eye Steak: Green peppercorn sauce and crisp fries
- Filetto Di Manzo Rossini: Pan seared Angus tenderloin topped with foie gras and black truffles in a light natural reduction
- Spaghetti Chitarra Ai Frutti Di Mare: Homemade spaghetti with a seafood ragout in a roasted garlic tomato sauce with fresh chervil and extra virgin olive oil
- Pool Bar: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Lunch: 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm
- Dinner: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Location: Poolside
Spend sunny days at our pool bar and restaurant while enjoying one of the longest pools in the Maldives, with attentive Sunshine Butlers serving you an array of exotic juices, Mediterranean salads and fresh pastas – as well as to hand you fruit skewers and cold towels. The evening comes alive with the finest Italian fare, comprising a gourmet experience of regional specialties and a fine selection of Mediterranean olive oils.
Dining by Design
- Opening Time: Private dining, advanced reservations required
- Location: Beach,villa, sandbank, yacht or desert island
As the day slowly drifts away with the setting sun, indulge in the ultimate romantic dining journey. For your personalised experience, a specially devised menu is prepared by a personal chef and served at a table for two, whether on an isolated sandbank in the Indian Ocean or the deck of a private yacht – anywhere of your choosing.
Derived from the ancient Sanskrit meaning ‘without end', evoking the freedom, movement and harmony that form the spirit of the Anantara experience.
Rooted in the timeless healing traditions of the world's richest cultures, Anantara Spas are designed to restore balance and harmony between body and mind in an oasis of beauty, grace and tranquillity. Intoxicating aromas of the world's most exotic elixirs and oils are used in treatments designed to deliver radiance, healing and a quiet sense of inner and outer well-being.
Discover your private ritual for serenity at Anantara Spa.